||Cat harness and leash combination gives you safe, comfortable outdoor walks
||Harness takes pressure off the throat
||Bungee has gentle give when walking
||Durable nylon combo gently tightens along shoulders and girth as needed
Safe, secure harness and bungee leash take pressure off your cat's throat. Harness has girth adjustment and sternum slide for perfect fit that won't choke. Bungee leash gently gives when walking. Easy-fit, durable nylon with quick snap buckles and leash connector ring.
An ideal way to introduce your cat to outdoor sights, sounds and smells - safely. You can use this harness and leash on kittens as early as 6 to 8 weeks. This is an optimal time for kittens to develop social skills with other cats and people, as well as to try a multitude of enriching experiences such as outdoor walks.
Please specify Red/Cranberry, Royal Blue/Navy, Lilac/Deep Purple, or Black/Silver; Small 9"-11"; Medium 10-1/2"-14"; Large 13"-18".
For correct size, measure around your cat's girth just behind front legs and add 5-10%.
Also try the PetSafe Kitty Collar in colors that coordinate with this harness and leash.
Downloadable Come With Me Kitty Harness & Bungee Leash Manual PDF.
(Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or later - get it here for free)
Please click on "More Information" for use and fitting instructions.
Before you Begin
This will be a learning process for your cat, as you help her accept the harness and learn to walk with the leash. Kittens will adjust most easily to the sensation of the harness. An older cat may require more time to get used to the feeling of her "new clothes."
It may be best to divide the fitting and acclimation process into several short sessions. Try to end each session on a pleasant note, and remove the harness when your cat is calm. If you sense your cat is tensing, cut the session short.
Use treats, toys, food, petting, or brushing to make the fitting experience a pleasant one.
Choose a quiet time and a quiet room indoors without distractions for either you or your cat.
Reassure your pet with a calm voice and gentle petting in areas that she likes. Don't scold or yell, don't force, and never hit your cat. Your cat must feel safe in order to learn from the experience.
- The darker nylon forms the girth (measurement around kitty just behind her front legs).
- The lighter color nylon makes the shoulder straps and leash attachment.
- Unbuckle the girth and shoulder straps.
- Move the black sternum slide down to make the opening large enough for the cat's head. Slide shoulder straps on either side of cat's head with leash connector over the withers/back.
- Adjust side straps for a snug girth fit.
- Chest piece goes between legs and side girth straps behind front legs. Snap in place.
- Note that the connector O-ring should rest on the belly, just behind the cat's front legs.
- You may want to release the girth strap temporarily to make the next adjustment easier.
- Re-snap the side straps into place. Move the sternum slide to sit just below the cat's breastbone so that it will not ride up to the cat's throat area.
- Position the black rubber stopper near the leash connector to keep the shoulder straps in place. Check to see that tightening the leash does not result in the sternum slide riding up too high, putting pressure on the trachea. If it does, adjust the sternum slide to sit lower on the cat's chest.
This harness is NOT intended for tie-out. Please supervise you cat while she is in the harness.