Automatic latch and lock make this
the ideal gate for high traffic areas. Easy-open
latch allows rapid pass-through in either
direction. Keeps your pets
in designated areas. Lightweight all-aluminum
construction and powder-coated finish make this
a strong, long-lasting, easy-to-clean barrier. Wall
mounted with 2-1/2" bar spacing. For indoor and
outdoor use. Measures 26.5"-40.5" wide x 29.5" high. Optional Extensions come in two convenient sizes and allow gate to expand to 61-3\4" wide. Use with one extension only. Please specify color.
Colors: Black or White.
Please click on "More Information" for care, parts, and assembly information.
Minor scratches and abrasions can be minimized by using a mild polish such as Johnson's Paste Wax, Novus Plastic Polish, or Mirror Glaze Plastic Polish.
Cleaning Instructions: To clean, rinse with lukewarm water, wash gently with mild soap or detergent and lukewarm water, using a soft cloth or sponge. Rinse again. Dry with a soft cloth or sponge to prevent water spotting. Do not scrub with brushes or squeegees.
When used outdoors, the manufacturer suggests spraying hinge and latch parts with a marine corrosion inhibitor by CRC or equivalent. This can be obtained normally at marinas or auto parts stores. Remove set screws when separating frames for cleaning.
InstallationBefore you start:
- Hinge Bracket
- Nylon Washer
- Key Ring
- Allen Wrench
- Latch Bracket Screws (4)
- Hinge Bracket Screws (4)
- Hinge Eye Bolts
- Jam Nut (2)
- Hinge Rod
- Latch Assembly
Square corner of gate is at top of hinge side.
Thread hex jam nut fully into hinge eye bolts, then install eye bolts with flat metal washers on top and bottom into threaded receptacles on hinge side of gate. Lower bolt is normally the best to level gate if required during installation. Always use rod or screw driver to prevent eye bolt from turning when tightening or loosening hex jam nut. Be sure jam nuts are very tight before using gate.
Instructions for all Gate Extensions:
- Install hinge bracket using 3/4" Phillips screw at 5-1/2" above floor
- Install upper bracket screw
- Install rod through bracket and hinge bolts as shown on instruction sheet.
Caution: set screws can mar finish. To expand gate, loosen upper and lower set screws with Allen wrench. To prevent marring of finish, keep shipping tabs in place until final adjustment.
- With latch in locked position, hold upright and interlock with safety bracket on gate frames. Expand gate so that latch bracket can be located on desired mounted surface. Check gate sections to ensure they are level with each other. While holding the latch in proper position on mounting surface, mark for one hole only. Remove latch from gate and mount as marked.
- Open latch by pulling on handle and turning in direction of open gate. With set screws slightly loose, adjust gate width so that when closed, gate will engage latch yoke and safety bracket will interlock with flange of latch as shown in photo. With shipping tabs still in place, adjust gate width slightly so that when operated, safety bracket will pass inside flange of latch without touching. There should be at lease 1/2" overlap. Slight contact will not impair operation. Tighten set screws enough to hold sections firmly while checking operations of gate in both directions. When satisfied with adjustment, loosen one set screw at a time and remove shipping tab. Retighten set screws sufficiently to engage frame. For added security, install key ring in rod end.
- Using bolts and washers included, attach extension to hinge side of gate.
- Install hinge eye bolts in extension and follow main instructions.
Lower bolts should be used to level gate, i.e. extend about two turns more than upper bolt. Always loosen nut on hinge eye bolts before turning bolt.